Booking a private jet for yourself and your family is an alternate mode of travel for those who wish to fly safely but are not keen on sharing a small and crowded space with others during the time of COVID-19 and all its variants. It is also an alternative for those who wish to prioritize comfort, convenience, and luxury.
For those who have never booked a private jet, it can seem like a daunting task. However, it is not as difficult as you may expect.
Find the Right Aircraft for You
In order to successfully book a private jet, you first need to find the jet that best suits your needs. You can determine this by answering a few key questions. Having the answers ready for these questions will come in handy when it is time for you to speak to a charter representative. These questions include:
- Where is your destination?
- What are your departure and return dates?
- How many passengers are you looking to book?
- What size do you want the aircraft to be?
- How much luggage will you be bringing?
- And perhaps most importantly, what is your budget?
The answers to some of these questions will be determined by the answers of others. For example, the size of the aircraft will likely be determined by the amount of passengers who are joining you aboard your flight, and how much luggage you and any other passengers bring.
If you are bringing along your extended family who will be carrying several suitcases each, you will likely need to book a bigger jet. If it’s just yourself and your significant other with one carry-on, a smaller jet should suit you just fine. Of course, it also depends on your budget and personal desires.
Know the Different Types of Private Jet Payments
It is also a good idea to do a bit of research beforehand on the different types of payments available for chartering a private jet. These payment types include:
- Fractional Ownership: This option allows you to buy part of an aircraft. With fractional ownership there is no need to hire a crew or bother yourself with the arrangement of maintenance and storage. Rather, they are handled by the company you share your aircraft with. Your share of the aircraft grants you the right to a certain amount of flight time per year, usually ranging from 50 to 800 hours in flight.
- Jet Membership Cards: This can be a good payment option for someone who plans to travel through their private jet for at least 15 hours a year. Having a jet membership card can help you secure fixed flying rates, and can save you money in the long run.
- Charter: This option may be right for you if you do not fly often and would prefer to simply pay for flight only as you need it. This option is cost-effective and allows for more flexibility, since you are only committed to the jet plane for as long as the flight lasts. It is also more flexible in that you do not have to stay with one single aircraft. You also do not have to worry about any extra fees, and the only pay you have to be concerned about is that of your flight hour.
Book Your Private Flight
Now that you are aware of the questions you should have ready to answer, and the different payment options available, you are ready to take the first concrete step to booking your flight on a private aircraft.
1. Book in Advance
If you know you will be traveling in the future and would like to charter a private plane, then it is best to book the flight as soon as you are able to. That way you can be assured your private flight is secured while saving money in the process.
2. Contact a Charter Representative
Once you have researched the airline you decide to fly with, you will need to speak with a representative from that business. An experienced representative will start to ask you questions regarding your flight. This is where your previous diligence with preparing answers such as your destination, budget, and your amount of luggage will come in handy.
3. Communicate Your Flights Needs
In order to fully enjoy the experience of flying on a private jet, you should be sure to communicate your specific needs and desires with the representative so they can help accommodate your requests and customize your flight to the best of their ability. Communicating can also help resolve any misunderstandings that may lead to an uncomfortable experience and help you get the jet that is best for your needs.
4. Double-Check All the Details
If this is your first time booking a private flight, making sure that you have all the right documents and permits can be overwhelming and intimidating. However, the right representative will guide you through everything you need to ensure your flight flows smoothly. Nonetheless, like with any big trip, it is best to check all the details twice.
Book Your Next Private Charter Flight with Hera Flight
At Hera Flight, we strive to save you time and money as well as exceed your expectations with quality client service. We offer you smarter charter solutions and will take care of all your aircraft needs.
Contact us today if you’re ready to book your flight on a private jet!